Wednesday, June 01, 2005

My School, From India to Washington D.C.

I went to the school (for elementry, middle and high) in Dhule, Maharashtra state named Kamalabai Shankarlal Kanya Shala. I studied from 1960 to 1972. I graduated with 4 languages (Marathi, Hindi, Sanskrit and English), 2 sciences (Physics-Chemistry and Botany-Zoology) and 2 maths (Arithmatics and Calculus).
For college, I went to the SSVPS college to earn Bachelors degree in science. I finished first two years and my journey was stoped until I decided to go back to school in 1998 at Florida International School to major in Mathematics for BS. I took one computer course as a core class with Mr. Downey. On my way, I found out that computer science is very interesting and that was my turing point. I change my major from Mathematics to Computer Science. Completed my bachelor's degree by summer 2000.
After a break of 3 years, I was ready to go back to school as a graduate student. In mean time, I started working with Bureau of Labor Statistics, in Washington D. C. I got into George Washington University to earn Master's degree in Computer Science. I am on my way now, keeping all the doors open.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rahul Jain said...

Welcome to the blog world. I know you are a real scholar, back in 89 when you first told me you loved to study (I was only 14 then), I used to wonder why would she want to study more. Now I understand what you meant :).

Wish you the very best.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home